Search for content in message boards

TOOMEY/KAVANAGH/TEMPLEOGUE/DUBLIN

Replies: 6

TOOMEY/KAVANAGH/TEMPLEOGUE/DUBLIN

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 2:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: TOOMEY KAVANAGH
Hello,
I am trying to find out info on my great Grandmother's side of the family, but don't seem to be able to match anything the older members of my family know to any records.
My Great Grandmother was Margaret Toomey who lived in Dublin, her first husband died and she re married a Liam/William Kavanagh. She already had 4 children before re marrying and these were Lizzie,Kathleen( who was almost blind), John ( who was called Jack) and Mary Christina, who was my grandmother and was born 8 December 1899 or near to, no one new her exact birthday so the Nuns gave her the date of the immaculate conception(???!!!).
They were Catholics and attended St Johns Lane Church, Thomas Street.
Lizzie the oldest daughter and Kathleen the 3rd born took the stepfathers name'Kavanagh' but the other two, Mary and John/Jack kept toomey. Lizzie took in washing and ran a catalogue.
They lived in Templelogue and then moved near to the docks to 10, School Street Bawn ( doesnt come up on census).
Mary Christina went to stay with her Aunt at one point as she didn't get on with the stepfather, the Aunt was Ellen Mcann who had a daughter Annie, this maybe outside of Dublin.John/Jack went to England around 1910'ish.
Mary Christina came to England in about 1916, met her husband to be Robert O'Dell in Hull. They married in Burnley Lancs in 1928 and then moved to Hitchin, Hertfordshire and from then on I know the story. However if anyone knows anything about any of these names I would love to hear from you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DEBRAODELLBAI... 26 Jan 2010 9:21PM GMT 
maryoak64 27 Jan 2010 10:49PM GMT 
maryoak64 27 Jan 2010 10:55PM GMT 
DEBRAODELLBAI... 27 Jan 2010 11:02PM GMT 
maryoak64 28 Jan 2010 9:02AM GMT 
DEBRAODELLBAI... 28 Jan 2010 9:38AM GMT 
hobbspemail 2 Jan 2013 6:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic