Search for content in message boards

Langley Family in Dublin 1873

Replies: 5

Re: Langley Family in Dublin 1873

Posted: 27 May 2010 11:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Colette

Thank you so much for all of your hard work in trying to help me, it is very kind of you.

My main problem with my family tree is that I don't know when or where Samuel Langley snr was born or where and when his father Thomas was born. This has been my stubbling block for a couple of years now. According to Samuel's marriage certificate his age at marriage read FULL AGE, Annie's age read 18, making her birth date being around 1853. Her residence was 3 Sheriff street east at the time o marriage

My father before he died always thought the family were from Somerset or Devon, but I'm not sure after my investigations. As for Thomas's marriage certificate I don't have that at this time

I believe Samuel Snr was a mariner but I can't confirm that. Robert his son and my grandfather John were both Mariners, that I definately can confirm.

As for Annie's father, according to the marriage certificate of Samuel and Annie he was called Robert Fitzpatrick and his profession was a mariner. I wonder if this is how Samuel met Annie, through her father, if Samuel was also a mariner and worked on the same ship.

I will try and follow up on your leads

Thank you once again for your help

Regards

Paul
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
paullangley12... 13 May 2010 9:54PM GMT 
walk113d12 19 May 2010 7:39PM GMT 
palangley 21 May 2010 2:25PM GMT 
walk113d12 22 May 2010 9:28PM GMT 
palangley 27 May 2010 5:48PM GMT 
DeLangley60 4 Apr 2013 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions