Search for content in message boards

Langley Family in Dublin 1873

Replies: 5

Re: Langley Family in Dublin 1873

Posted: 22 May 2010 3:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi
Sorry, but I don't have any specific info on the Langley family - just trying to help you out, if I can.
Do you know where Thomas Langley (father of Samuel snr) was from? I had a look at Griffiths Valuation, and there were only 2 Thomas Langley's in the whole of Ireland - one from Mayo and one from Tipperary. If one of these is "your" Thomas, you have a good chance of finding his marriage cert - unless you already have this info?
Also (again, unless you already have the info), you might be able to find a baptism cert for Samuel snr. in the local Parish records, and perhaps other siblings.
Who was Annie Fitzpatrick's father? Do you know where he was from? You should be able to find him on Griffiths if you have that info. Unfortunately, Fitzpatrick is quite a common name, and it will be difficult to pinpoint him without at least a county to go on.
Maggy is normally short for Margaret, so maybe the registrar just got it wrong in St. Andrews, and mother of Kate was Anne, and NOT Mary - it happens, and I have proof of it myself, unfortunately! But if you get Kate's state birth cert, it will give you her mother's correct name.
Not sure what else I can tell you, but again, good luck in your search!
Colette
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
paullangley12... 13 May 2010 9:54PM GMT 
dancer1951241... 19 May 2010 7:39PM GMT 
palangley 21 May 2010 2:25PM GMT 
dancer1951241... 22 May 2010 9:28PM GMT 
palangley 27 May 2010 5:48PM GMT 
DeLangley60 4 Apr 2013 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions