Search for content in message boards

James Christopher Egan from Dublin

Replies: 1

James Christopher Egan from Dublin

Posted: 16 Jul 2010 8:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Egan
Hi! I am searching for any info I can lay my hands on in regards to my gr gr grandfather James C Egan. It is noted James states he was born in Dublin Ireland on his marriage certificate to Sarah McVeigh in Melbourne Aust. 1854. James also states Dublin on some of his children's certificates. No death has been located of James Egan in Australia. James also states his name as "James Christopher Egan". Convict records have been found online in Tasmania of a James Egan/Eagan from Dublin. The father of James is listed as James boot/shoe maker. James mother was Mary Harman. James was tried in Dublin City, but does not state the county of his birth, only Dublin.
James was born around 1827/28 and lived in Victoria Aust. where he worked on Station's and as a Teamster/Carrier. Family decendants have been located here in Australia, but would be great to find Irish relations or info. James listed his father also as bootmaker on his marriage, It certainly would be great to locate the info of this Egan family in Dublin. Hope someone has some ideas
Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lesleyedwards... 17 Jul 2010 2:18AM GMT 
Debbie Fisher 25 Nov 2012 9:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions