Search for content in message boards

John Ruxton Weir Kathleen Kiely Dublin/USA/Glasgow

Replies: 0

John Ruxton Weir Kathleen Kiely Dublin/USA/Glasgow

Posted: 5 Sep 2013 6:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weir Kiely Kealy Keely
Hi Can anyone help me with John Ruxton Weir and Kathleen Kiely.

John was born 20 July 1882, Dublin to William Ormsby Weir and Sara Ruxton.
Kathleen was born abt 1879 Borris Cashill Carlow to James Kiely/Kealy
John and Kathleen were married 1st? Mar 1908 in Dublin. They both left for the States, arriving 25 Mar 1908, stating they were staying with Kathleen's sister Mary Kealy of 50 E 34th St., New York
I don't know if they both returned to Ireland together but I know John did as on 29 Apr 1909 he was marrying my gt grandmother Sarah Ruxton (his 1st cousin) in an English Registry office.
Where it would easy to assume that his 1st wife Kathleen must have died, she didn't. (Bigamy) Sometime around 1920 my gt grandmother, it is said, "asked John to leave" My grandmother being abt 8 at the time. I have found nothing of his whereabouts after this until his death May 1930 in Glasgow. His death cert shows that present at his death was his wife Kathleen Weir nee Kealy????
Kathleen seems to have played a huge role in the life of my gt grandfather. I would love to find out about her. Did they have children? Did she stay in Glasgow/Scotland? Did she return to Carlow? Anything
Can you help?
Jacqui

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions