Search for content in message boards

GILROY FROM ENNISKILLAN

Replies: 11

Re: GILROY FROM ENNISKILLAN

Posted: 3 Oct 2013 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Oct 2013 7:57PM GMT
Surnames: Gilderoy and Gilroy
To Frances Nicholson - In your message on ancestry.com of May 4, 2003, regarding Edward Gilderoy and his son Barnabas Gilroy, you offered assistance. You also sought info re the spelling differences. The assistance I seek is the PEI internet website on which you found the data on Edward Gilderoy and his son, and I would also appreciate a copy of the information you obtained if possible, please. I have an article re spelling changes due to persecution. I have a copy of a record indicating that Barnabas was a surveyor in Nova Scotia and at the time used the spelling Gilderoy as his surname. I also have a copy of a muster record of the 54th Regiment indicating he enlisted on May 4, 1782, as Barney Gilderoy and was on duty in Halifax at the time of the muster. Also at the time of his marriage he used the spelling of Gilroy and stated his parents were "OF" Enniskillen, Ire., The "OF" usually means "resided at" not born at. I have searched without success for more military records that would tell where he enlisted and give his actual birth place and maybe his religion in his youth. Do you have any source with that information that you would share with me?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JayeGee90 8 Sep 2013 10:30PM GMT 
geniacnora 4 Oct 2013 1:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions