Search for content in message boards

Evans/Ovens Surname

Replies: 2

Re: Sarah Ovens

Posted: 27 Dec 2013 11:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I believe there may be a link here with my Ovens family but, I can't pin it down exactly. I have thus far traced my Ovens family back to Alexander Ovens (1815-75) and Martha McAninch/McIninch (1824-?) who were married on 14th November 1849 in the Registrar's Office in the town of Coleraine, County Londonderry Ireland. they resided in the town of Macosquin. Alexander's father name is listed as Hugh on his marriage Certificate.

I have only been able to find 1 Hugh Ovens (1778-1858) in Ireland at the appropriate time. He is listed in the 1796 Flax Growers list as well as a death index. He shows up in Leitrim.

Given the close Birth year of Sara's 1819 and Alexander's 1815 and the Leitrim connection we are most likely of the same family. Do you happen to know if Sarah's father's name was Hugh?

I think this link will take you to my Tree. http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/12789/family
I would appreciate any info you can add as I have hit a bit of a wall and at the moment haven't been able to trace the family back any farther.

Thank you, Kyle S. Ovens

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jodie Demenge 22 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Jodie DeMenge 23 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
balunatick 27 Dec 2013 6:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic