Search for content in message boards

Returning!

Replies: 1
Posted: 17 May 2013 8:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McManus, Gallagher, Leonard, Farmer, McGuire,
After several years of being away from the Fermanagh sites, I have returned! I had been concentrating on raising a grandson, who is now in school, and concentrating on my mom's side of the family, from Canada. Well, thanks to rootweb and a 10 year old post, I connected with a cousin in Fermanagh and now have a reason to visit! I am making plans for a month long visit next May/June. I've tentatively reserved a small cottage for a month in Manorhamilton, where my grandfather was from. Figure it will be a good central location if I fly into Shannon, spend time in Leitrim and Fermanagh and then time in Dublin, Belfast and the tourist things! Especially Ring of Kerry and Giant's Causeway.
Any and all suggestions for where to visit and what to see are appreciated. I'll be 67, traveling alone and like the outdoors. Will definately be in Mullagh, Leitrim and Boho, Fermanagh and also will have to get to Sligo as Yeats mom's mother Elizabeth Middleton is related to my gr grandmother, also an elizabeth Middleton!
Does my preliminary plan sound reasonable? Still waiting to make plane reserevations, that will firm up my dates and then I can go fromthere!
For nearly 40 years, my mantra has always been, "Someday in Ireland". Well, I applied for my passport yesterday and someday is coming!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nanaannemarie 17 May 2013 2:00PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 10 Jun 2013 1:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic