Search for content in message boards

Mary Moffitt or Moffatt

Replies: 3

Re: Mary Moffitt or Moffatt

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 10:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
You are right I'm in Canada so won't be of much use to you other than as you say the records on the internet.
You could try writing the Churches but from reading of others experiences they are not answering letters and are finding
the amount of people searching is overwheming.

If the family were CofI or Methodist which I assume they were as Scots. I have been to the Church of Ireland's own Library in Dublin and they have actual parish records even from Northern Ireland. You can write them and inquire if they have certain parish records in their library but other than that don't do research. You or someone has to appear in person. You can hire local genealogist to do this for you. I used to correspond with two genealogist at Eneclann
the genealogy division at Trinity College, but the last time I met with them they were too busy to take on more work.

www.library.ireland.anglican.org to ask about the Enniskillen Parish records.

If RC I believe the originals are kept in the parish's but there is microfilm at the National Library in Dublin.

I'm going to Ireland in September but only for a week to attend The Gatherine for Wicklow. I will not be able to fit in a visit to the Library this visit.

I usually pop over there when visiting my rellies in England, I was born there in Hatfield, ne of London and
spend young years 3-8 in Anston just outside Sheffield.

Annette
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pavelys5 7 Jun 2013 5:29PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 10 Jun 2013 1:05PM GMT 
Pavelys5 11 Jun 2013 5:08PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 12 Jun 2013 4:20AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic