Search for content in message boards

Re Roynane /Ronan/ Martyn Flaskagh Dunmore Co Galway

Replies: 1

Re: Re Roynane /Ronan/ Martyn Flaskagh Dunmore Co Galway

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2013 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: Roynane
My Great Great grandfather was James Roynane who owned and lived in Flaskgha More. The house that the martins RIP John. Now live in. My grandfather was born in that house. Pierce Roynane married a Kate Delaney they went on honeymoon to Africa. Pierce got sick was not long home when he died. She remarried a Martin that is how they are now in our family home. When Pierce died it should have gone to my grandfathers brother John Gannon who was James Roynane's grandson. I was told that pierce was asking for John, Michael, and Bridget but Kate Delaney would not let them in. She kept the family Home Silver and Crystal ware. There was a battle over it along the drive way to the house, my great great grandfather was 102 when he died he is buried in the old Cemetary in Dunmore and Pierce is with him there. I have photo's of the grave. If you walk up the steps to the gate of the old Cemetary the grave is the first one on your left it is a little overgrown it used to be looked after. Directions. Out of Dunmore on the Cloonfad road only 30/40 meters on that road on your right you will see the Cemetary and the steps and gate
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mauradubdha 8 May 2004 11:03PM GMT 
Doblo123 9 Mar 2013 3:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions