Michael Canavan married Bridget Ribbon 11 Sept 1874 in Ballynakill RC Parish in Galway. Witnesses to wedding were Michael Kean and Mary Connolly. Bridget was born 1855ish to Michael Ribbon and Bridget Welch. I don't have Michael's parents. Family history has Bridget bringing her children to US in 1890s after death of her husband MIchael in Ireland.
Their children included the following...all baptised in Ballynakill Parish..
1. Patrick Canavan, chr 10 Feb 1878, townland Cloonlooan. Sponsors were Michael Conneely and Ellen Joyce. Came to US 1890s. Was naturalized in 1899 in Boston..witnesses were Bartholomew Coyne and John King. Married Anne Faherty (see below) in NYC...witnessess were John J Flanagan and Mary Coyne...
Lived in Lowell MA and West Springfield MA.
2. Elizabeth, chr 12 Sept 1880. Sponsors were Michael Connely and Mary Joyce. May have gone by name of Maria. Maria came to us 1890s, married Thomas Conboy and lived in NYC. (Maria still alive in NY in 1951.
3. Mary, chr 25 Feb 1883. Townland Cashleen. Sponsors were Edward Flaherty and Anne Kain. Came to US, married James McQuaid and settled in Boston.
John Faherty married Margaret Mullen on 23 Oct 1866 at Ballynakill Parish in Co Galway. John was a farmer from Derrylough, age 28 and Margaret was a farmer from Letterfrack age 23. John's father was Martin Faherty and Margaret's father was Michael Mullen. Witnesses at the wedding were John Mullen and Margaret Faherty along with a Joseph McGuinness. John and Margaret were still alive and living in Derryinver at time of 1911 census. Believe they died shortly after that time.
1. Honor, chr 23 April 1871, sponsors JOhn Coyne and Anne Walsh, townland Derrylough
2. Charles, chr 27 Apr 1879, townland Derrylough, sponsors John Mullin and Mary Mullin
3. Julia, chr 12 June 1881, townland Derrylough, sponsors Martin Faherty and Mrs. Heany
4. Anne, chr 30 Dec 1877, townland Derrlough, sponsors, John Mullin and Mary Mullin....Anne is my grandmother
5. Patrick chr 19th Mar 1875, townland not noted, sponsors Martin Faherty and Mary Faherty
6. Bridget , chr 12 Jan 1873 townland not noted, sponsors Patrick Nee and Mary Mullen
7. Peter born 10 May 1884 townland Derryinver
8. Mary b 20 Sept 1867, townland Rusheendiff
Several of l Anne's sisters married into the Connolly/ Connelly family.