Search for content in message boards

George Harold Coates - 1807 Eyrecourt, Galway

Replies: 1

George Harold Coates - 1807 Eyrecourt, Galway

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 6:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Coates, Ross
I am seeking information on my 3x Great Grandfather George Coates who was supposedly born in 1807 in Eyrecourt, Galway. He was in The 19th Regiment of Foot. He married Ann Catherine Ross in 1844 and was discharged in 1848. He and his family arrived in Hobart Town in 1852 aboard the "Pestonjee Bomanjee". George died in 1853 aged 45, leaving Ann a widow with 7 children. Ann later remarried. George's son Luke Francis was my Great Great Grandfather.

I am trying to locate the identity of George's parents and any information I can find about his family in Ireland (sibling's etc). So far I have been unable to locate any parish or civil records that even remotely match the names/dates etc. There is a Coates Lane in Eyrecourt, Galway which may or may not be connected.

Any ideas or insight you can give me would be greatly appreciated as I am finding it difficult to locate information from either Scotland and Ireland.

Debra Coates
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DebraLeeCoate... 20 Dec 2012 1:11AM GMT 
pfo42396 5 Jun 2013 12:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions