Search for content in message boards

David Wakefield b 1735-37 Galway county, Connaught Parish, Ireland

Replies: 15

Re: David Wakefield b 1735-37 Galway county, Connaught Parish, Ireland

Posted: 1 Mar 2013 7:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Mar 2013 7:19AM GMT
Surnames: Wakefield Wade
Thank you so much for the references. I feel like I might be onto something. I have a copy from ancestry "The Parish of Aughrim and Kilconnel" page 19 saying John Wesley preached there to add to the info from the Bio for Dr. Rev Samuel Wakefield-a Methodist Minister-son of Thomas son of David-who both came to America-The last sentence in the page previously mentioned page 19, the paragraph for Wakefields says "The last three preachers remembered by the people were Mr. Storey, Mr Walsh, and Mr. Wakefield, all natives of the parish." Kilconnell is the parish I believe and that helps and matches up with maps and census of 1901. Then I found an article on John Wesley Visits Galway at http://places.galwaylibrary.ie/history/chapter4.html in case anyone reading this wants to see it. I will type a paragraph on what refers to Wakefield and Wade families. David Wakefield married Mary Jane Wade.
"At this period Mr. and Mrs. Wade of Fairfield, and Mr. David Wakefield, also a member of the parish, embraced the Gospel, opened their houses to the Methodist preachers, and continued to be good supporters of early Methodism. The descendants of David Wakefield, to the fifth generation at least, identified themselves with the followers of Wesley."
This sounds as though there has been contact with the descendants of David Wakefield. And it sounds like the David Wakefield I have been searching for however at rootschat it was brought to my attention that there was another Wakefield family that descends from a David Wakefield-later period-from the same family estate and listed in the Wakefield Memorial by Homer Wakefield on page 255. So my reserch continues with Freeman's Journal and I thank you so much.
Cindy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
coetting57 24 Feb 2013 11:10PM GMT 
john_eagleton 25 Feb 2013 8:11PM GMT 
coetting57 26 Feb 2013 1:41AM GMT 
john_eagleton 26 Feb 2013 6:53PM GMT 
coetting57 27 Feb 2013 1:48PM GMT 
coetting57 28 Feb 2013 3:00PM GMT 
john_eagleton 28 Feb 2013 6:35PM GMT 
coetting57 1 Mar 2013 2:09PM GMT 
coetting57 2 Mar 2013 10:17PM GMT 
john_eagleton 3 Mar 2013 2:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions