Search for content in message boards

James Francis Redmond, County Wexford, Annie O'Reilly County Cork or County Cavan

Replies: 4

James Francis Redmond, County Wexford, Annie O'Reilly County Cork or County Cavan

Posted: 27 Apr 2007 6:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi. Thanks again for the help.
According to a genealogy report made out about 20-25 years ago by some distant family member, Annie O'Reilly would have been born in County Cook or Scrabby District, County Cavan Ireland. While her husband James Francis Redmond "Frank" was born in Wexford, Ireland. They immigrated to Canada (seperately) in about ~1883 and would have met in Canada. Annie and her brothers and sisters would have boarded a steamship in Cork and arrived in Quebec City on the St-Laurence River. Annie/brothers/sisters joined there father Patrick O'Reilly which had established in Sherbrooke, Quebec. Apparently Annie and Frank had always lived in the Sherbrooke area (rented homes and farms). It's estimated that they would have married ~1885-1886 somewhere in Quebec. Frank had a drinking problem and left the family in ~1914 to go live with his oldest daughter Mary Ann Ferguson in Montreal. They estimated he died ~1917. No one knows where and actual date. Annie stayed in Sherbrooke and died June 26, 1945 (age 83) and is buried in the family plot in St-Micheal's Cemetery in Sherbrooke, Quebec.

That is all I know. I was just hoping to fill in the blanks that the other report didn't cover. This is a big mystery that I was hoping to solve. I've been looking for there marriage somewhere in Sherbrooke, for all I know, they met and married in Quebec City. Who knows?

Anyways, thanks for listening and trying to help. I truly appreciate it. Carmen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CarmenLussier... 27 Apr 2007 12:18PM GMT 
Bealtaine 29 Apr 2007 11:25AM GMT 
Monica Macphe... 3 Jan 2013 7:19AM GMT 
CarmenLussier... 15 Jan 2013 12:50PM GMT 
Monica Macphe... 26 Nov 2014 6:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic