Search for content in message boards

WIlls and Estates

Replies: 3

WIlls and Estates

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 8:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Collins
Hi everyone,
I have a question I'm hoping someone might know the answer to. I'm trying to crack through one very stubborn brick wall regarding my Great Great Grandmother Catherine Collins. My Grandmother recalls that there was a notice in the newspaper (here in Canada) from a lawyer or law firm in Ireland looking for Catherine or her descendants. The notice was posted when my Grandmother was a girl so it would have been sometime between 1932-1942. We believe this was in regard to the estate of Catherine's maternal Grandfather (who's first or last name we do not know). We also don't know what part of Ireland her Grandfather would have been from (and thus where these lawyers would have been located). Unfortunately all we know is that the notice was seen, a response was sent but no one here in Canada ever heard back.

My Grandmother would so desperately like to know more about Catherine Collins and I've been trying to help her through all the traditional routes. Does any one know if there is a central place one can look regarding unclaimed Irish estates? We're not concerned about the estate it's self but would love to know more about Catherine's mother's family. I thought if there was a way to do a search on Catherine's name (listed as an heir in the will) we might be able to find something.
It's a long shot I know.
Thanks so much!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vbferg 15 Jan 2013 3:16AM GMT 
elwynsoutter1 15 Jan 2013 8:09AM GMT 
vbferg 15 Jan 2013 2:05PM GMT 
EileenWilson0... 15 Jan 2013 9:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic