Search for content in message boards

McGuigan in Ireland

Replies: 2

McGuigan in Ireland

Posted: 7 Feb 2013 11:18AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Hi. My name is Ed McGuigan from southeastern Pennsylvania, USA. I’ve been with Ancestry for over a year now and have run into a dead-end trying to find my paternal 2x Great Grandfather that emigrated from Ireland (most likely Northern Ireland) to the USA.
His name was Hugh McGuigan, born in Ireland in the 1820’s. He was married to Mary McNulty, also from Ireland and most likely also born in the 1820’s. I’m not sure if Hugh married Mary in Ireland or USA? I got this info from my Great Grandfather’s Pennsylvania death certificate. His name was John H. McGuigan (1858 – 1935); married to Margaret Kinsella McGuigan (1863-1939). They lived (and died) in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. According to John’s death certificate he was born in Norristown, PA. However I cannot find any documentation to support this or the presence of his parents, Hugh and Mary McGuigan, in Montgomery County from 1850 through 1870.
The earliest documentation I have of my GGF John McGuigan is in 1880 living in Conshohocken, PA as a single, 22 year old ‘boarder’. All subsequent US census records of John indicate that both his parents were born in Ireland.
If anyone, especially anyone from Ireland, has information on Hugh McGuigan and Mary McNulty’s family or origins in Ireland, I would appreciate any collaboration. My email address is ezednjo@att.net.
Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ezednjo 7 Feb 2013 6:18PM GMT 
maryoak64 8 Feb 2013 2:33PM GMT 
ezednjo 8 Feb 2013 6:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions