Search for content in message boards

Moses Kirkpatrick

Replies: 23

Re: Moses Kirkpatrick

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 7:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I have not been able to find where my Moses came from. He has been traced to Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania about 1798. Prior to that, we just don't know for sure. Family history has him coming from "East" of the Allegheny Mountains". This usually meant Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Eastern Maryland, or Eastern Virginia. I have not been able to locate him anywhere in those places. There are more Moses Kirkpatrick's in those areas than I suspected, but all I have been able to find have been traced to other areas of the country. There are several Moses Kirkpatricks who married individuals with the name of Margaret also. I have been working on this now for almost 15 years with little success. All I know is he was born between 1756 and 1760. He married Margaret. He had children named Rebecca, Mary, Jane, William, Alexander, Nancy, Ruth, Polly, and Sarah. All the children were born close together except Rebecca. She married into the Henry Family. She was born in 1786. The next child was born in 1798, so there were either some children who died, or Moses was married before Margaret and his first spouse died. There is information that said that Moses came from Ireland with his family. Other information indicates that Moses came from Scotland. Again, I have not idea. Any help you could give would be helpful. I have no access to information in Ireland or Scotland, so any suggestions or resources you know of in those areas would be appreciated.

Keith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ktwitt 25 May 2008 6:07PM GMT 
Sally_Lyon 1 Mar 2012 4:22AM GMT 
familyhistory... 8 Nov 2012 2:05AM GMT 
Marge 31 Mar 2002 2:20PM GMT 
ktwitt 21 Apr 2008 2:41PM GMT 
Marge 14 Dec 2002 1:32AM GMT 
Sally_Lyon 1 Mar 2012 4:24AM GMT 
Mabeth 23 Jan 2003 7:53PM GMT 
Sally_Lyon 1 Mar 2012 4:26AM GMT 
ktwitt 21 Apr 2008 2:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions