Search for content in message boards

Riordan, Murhill, Flemming, Donohue, Coffey, Coffey, Riordan, Murhill, Killorglin and Beaufort area

Replies: 12

Re: surname enqury for Killorglin area

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Riordan, Dowling, Hayes, Twoomey, O'Brien
Hi, My great grandfather was another brother of Helen's and Paddy's. His name was John and he landed up in the Abbeydorney area of Kerry. He was married to a Bridget Walsh and they had Patrick (Paddy) my grandfather, and I believe, 3 other children. It would be greatvto learn more about your Riordan family research. My branch started putting an O' before the Riordan in teh 1960's when my mother and her siblings all emigrated to the UK. Thus confusing matters from a research perspective. I have letters and remembrances of the Parker Senators/Mayors visiting my grandparents house in Abbeydorney sometime in teh 50's. I imagine they would have been mightily shocked by the simplicity of their lives. I know I certainly was when I visited them as a child in the 1970's.
I would really like to know more about the artistic side of our Riordan's, as I have been involved in the creative industries since leaving university and according to many people, I am an accomplished amateur artist - i.e. I love to draw, and usually, the results look akin to the original subject.
Its great to connect with you guys, who must be my third cousins? Any info that explains the exodus from Killorglin, the connection to the US and if they were a close family or got lost in the diaspora all would always be of interest. Kindest, Mary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mkd1964 22 Aug 2013 11:54PM GMT 
James P. (Skip) Weisman 31 Jan 2004 1:49PM GMT 
Ann 12 Feb 2004 10:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic