Search for content in message boards

O'Sullivan of Feavautia, Brosna, Knocknagoshel, Kerry

Replies: 3

O'Sullivan of Feavautia, Brosna, Knocknagoshel, Kerry

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 4:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jan 2014 10:59AM GMT
Surnames: O'Sullivan, Hickey, Curtin
I am inquiring about my great grandmother’s family: Her name was Mary O’Sullivan, born 8 Aug 1859 in County Kerry. She was the daughter of John O’Sullivan and Margaret “Peggy” Hickey. On the marriage certificate (1886) of my great grandmother they are listed as living at “Feavautia.” She was married to Richard Francis Kelleher at the Roman Catholic Chapel at Knocknagoshel, Brosna, Kerry.

There is a Partrick Sullivan listed in Griffiths valuation for 1853 also living at Feavautia. I suspect he may be the father of my John O’Sullivan as my great grandmother named one of her sons, John Patrick Kelleher.

My own grandmother left some cryptic notes before she died about her O’Sullivan side:

1. A sister married a Mr. Curtin and it appears that they both became principals.
2. Another sister, named Gertrude O’Sullivan, married a teacher/headmaster with the surname of O’Sullivan. He had 7 sons from another marriage and they had one daughter named Gertrude O’Sullivan together.

It appears that at the time my grandmother wrote the note in 1976, O’Sullivan family members were living in District Mourne Abbey (Field?), Crown Cottage, Mal House, Main Street.

If any of this rings a bell with anyone please contact me at following:
glenpaulhammond@gmail.com

surnames involved: O’Sullivan, Hickey, Curtin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gphammond70s 25 Feb 2013 11:45PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 2 Jul 2013 4:18AM GMT 
gphammond70s 14 Jan 2014 8:57PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 15 Jan 2014 3:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions