Search for content in message boards

Replies: 15

Ashe-Prenderville family

Posted: 29 Sep 2001 7:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 May 2002 5:39PM GMT
It is my understanding that Catherine's husband John is buried in Buffalo, can you confirm that this information is incorrect? A request for details on his death revealed that there is no record there of his death.

The 1900 Census for Buffalo, N.Y. lists Catherine Ashe b. 1842 as head of the household.
Daughter Lizzie b. 1878 (Canada)
Son John b. 1888 NY and
Gregory Peck, Grandson, b. 1887 (Illinois)

Can you add any information to the above. I have Elizabeth born in 1868 in Minard, but this is not my own data, and apart from the census data, I was under the assumption that John was also born in Minard. It might help if I knew the time and location of Elizabeth's marriage to Francis Evans plus his birth place which might clarify her age. In relation to John a date of birth would also help.

The Family Tree was researched by Frank Ashe but he also said that there were doubts as to the birth place of Gregory, John's father. Would you know if this has been further researched?

It is generally accepted that a Gregory Ashe was Catherine's grandfather and according to Frank, there was a Gregory Ashe from Murrioch who fitted this profile. With regard to the child born to Gregory Ashe, from Minard? or Murrioch? and Bridget Kennedy on 23 September 1826 it is only assumed that it is John. There was no name given to that child in the Catholic Records in Dingle. Would you have any information as to the basis for these assumptions?
No other children were noted for Gregory and Bridget and no one seems to know much about them.

As an addendum to the above, there seems to be a lot of "unclaimed Ashe data" and until it is all claimed by one family or another it will leave a lot of unanswered questions.

I hope that my queries will help to address this.

Yours,

Eibhlin

p.s. I am also wondering if anyone has attempted to research the family's route to Buffalo and why they choose to settle in Buffalo?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rose prendiville 11 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Theresa24 11 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Suzanne Walke... 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
PrendivilleJa... 29 Sep 2001 9:50PM GMT 
Eibhlin_C 30 Sep 2001 1:33AM GMT 
Suzanne Walke... 1 Oct 2001 1:16AM GMT 
Eibhlin_C 1 Oct 2001 4:23AM GMT 
lougher2 29 Jan 2003 5:16PM GMT 
suzannabee1 29 Jan 2003 6:46PM GMT 
Nanu_Nanu 19 Jan 2004 4:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions