I believe that our family tree has a Maurice but I do know that my Foleys came from Shanahill West, Co Kerry, Parish of Keel. Here is their tree.
John Foley married Mary Cournane, lived in Shanahill West, Parish of Keel.
- His son John Foley Jr. married Anne Evans
- John Foley Jr.'s son, Patrick,(1865-1918) married Mary Theresa O'Leary(1864-1939)
- Patrick and Mary had 11 children, one of them Jeremiah Arthur Foley who was my grandfather(1891- 1973)
- Patrick and Mary T Foley and Jeremiah O'Leary and Ellen (Courtney) O'Leary, left Shahahill West, Co Kerry, approx 1883 and settled in Truxton, Co Cortland,NY.
- Mary Theresa O'Leary's parents were Jeremiah O'Leary and Ellen Courtney
- My GGrandmother, Mary Theresa(Foley) O'Leary was a midwife, interpret of Gaelic/English, and
There were many other Irish families that settled near here that came from the Parish of Keel.
- Many of these Irish families would eventually settle into Binghamton, NY by 20th century.
Parish of Keel names: Foley, O'Leary, Cournane, Evans, Dowd, Segrue, and Cary settled into the Binghamton, NY area