Search for content in message boards

James Judge family

Replies: 3

Re: James Judge family

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 9:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Judge, Daly
This is a question about a Daly-Judge connection. I know this is an old post and mail addresses might have changed. I have been able to trace the Powers side of my family back to Ireland (Kilkenny), but I have not been sucessful with the Daly side of his mother, my grandmother. I know they lived in Brooklyn before 1850 (James Daly and Margaret Murray). In 1860, after James had died, there was another Daly, John and his wife Mary, living with Margaret and her son. One of my daughters visited Holy Cross cemetery two years ago and managed to see a list of those buried in the family plot. Low and behold, there were FOUR Judge children there!Charles Judge July 24, 1871, Thomas Judge April 29, 1872 and Marcella Judge July 2, 1874 and Elizabeth Judge October 24, 1877. There is no gravestone, the slab has probably sunk a long time ago. I have no idea of the Judge connection to the Daly family, but there is an outside chance they were somehow related to the Daly family in Brooklyn. If they were new arivals and knew the Daly´s maybe they were offered the use of the family gravesite. I also checked the 1900 Census, your James and Ann also lived close to them in the 8th Ward (I also grew up on 5th Avenue a few generations later). The Census states that Anne had 10 children, but only 5 were living. These dates might fit. If they are related somehow, it might give me a hint what part of Ireland my Daly´s came from. I wonder if you have made any progress along these lines and connections since you last wrote?
Thanks.
Mike Powers
Stockholm, Sweden
mikepowers9@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Daly 24 Oct 2005 4:04PM GMT 
BernaireG 27 Jun 2008 10:09AM GMT 
bbn72 1 Oct 2010 3:13PM GMT 
mikepowers9 17 Nov 2012 4:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic