Search for content in message boards

HELP!!! Holden-Athy/Kildare

Replies: 13

Re: HELP!!! Holden-Athy/Kildare

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 5:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am so happy you contacted me. No I don't have any pictures. I actually found that Michael and Esther (Paige) Holden had 5 kids:

Unknown male
John Holden
Eleanor Holden
James Holden (he is my great grandfather)
Ellen Holden

I obtained this information from an obit for James. It stated that he had a brother (unknown) and sister (Eleanor)"who stayed in Ireland". I can tell you that Michael and Ester are both buried in Athy, Kildare. This is also where John and Mary (Lawlor) married. They married in Feb 1869 and arrived in the US in April and had a baby in June of 1869. My father did not know his father very well and died when my Dad was about 15 so I'm really having to do my work on this side of the family.

I just enlisted the help of a genealogist in Ireland to research the Holden side. She said it would take about 6-8 weeks to complete and its only been about 2 weeks. Sure hope I found a good genealogist and not being taken so we shall see. I will let you know what I find.

Here is my lineage for the Holden's
Michael/Esther
son James
son John
son John - this is my father
I have been able to locate Baptism Records for James and Eleanor (children of Michael and Esther)

James-dob 1-26-1859 baptism 1-30-1859 address is listed as Newton Allen Parish is Castledermot County Kildare
Sponsors were John Murphy and Elizabeth Curren.

Eleanor dob 6-8-1852 baptism 6-13-1852 address is listed as Matthews Lane Parish Athy County Kildare Sponsors were Patrick Ward and Margaret Ennis.

Do you know any of the following people:
Ruth Holden
Cornell Holden
George Whitfield married to Phoebe Holden

I keep finding these people and they are residents of the Auburn NY area and/or buried/lived in the same place(s) of Holden's I can confirm. Not sure if you are familiar with Auburn or not but its a very small town and find it hard to believe they are not related in some way-I just can't piece it together. If they are related then I have pics of them. Go figure-I can find pictures of "maybe" Holden's but none of the Holden's I do know. My Dad does have one picture of his Dad which I will get a copy of but other than that-nothing. I will keep it touch and please do the same. Wish me luck with the "hired help" in Ireland- hoping for the best!
Chrissy

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
holdenft 3 Oct 2012 5:01PM GMT 
walk113d12 4 Oct 2012 2:04AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 25 Oct 2012 8:40PM GMT 
marionholden7... 4 Dec 2012 5:43AM GMT 
holdenft 6 Mar 2013 7:10PM GMT 
walk113d12 8 Mar 2013 12:05AM GMT 
overjo_1 8 Apr 2013 9:54PM GMT 
holdenft 8 Apr 2013 11:45PM GMT 
overjo_1 9 Apr 2013 12:03PM GMT 
holdenft 10 Apr 2013 2:07PM GMT