Search for content in message boards

LADYCHAPEL, MAYNOOTH & CELBRIDGE CEMETERY RECORDS

Replies: 4

Re: LADYCHAPEL, MAYNOOTH & CELBRIDGE CEMETERY RECORDS

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 4:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jul 2013 4:07AM GMT
Annette, Many thanks for your reply of the 2nd inst, and your endeavours to find info for me. You are quite correct officially the area was then and still is Derrrinstown but following the erection of the Current R.C. Church there, dedicated to our Lady it generally became known and refferred to as Ladychapel. Some few hundred yards distant from the current Ladychapel Church and Crossroads, there is a lane off the road to Balraheen and there are the Remains of an old Church in the Churchyard / Graveyard,and this is where the Grogan family are buried for many generations. The last Family burial was that of Michael Grogan of Belgard, Kilcock, Barony of Balraheen, Co. Kildare. in 1944. There is no Gravestone there to view. The Grogan family i am told occupied lands in Derrinstown, Maynooth, for 7 Generations until the evictions there in Circa 1783. 3 Families were involved in those evictions. Grogan, Carroll & Matthews. During the late 1950's early 1960's theese lands were owned by the Duchess of Westminster. I have a Photograph of myself taken there with the famous Racehorse Arkle during her term of ownership. The Grogan's then migrated a few miles distant to Tirmoghan Common in the then Parish of Cloncurry, in the Barony of Ikeathy & Oughterany. Tirmoghan Patrick Grogan I believe to be My 1st ancestor in Tirmoghan and he was just 1 of a number of Grogan's who settled there. I think he married a Mary Butler who is mentioned in the Griffith Valuation of 1851. Their son Michael Married Eliza Donegan from Newcastle, Enfield, Parish of Jordanstown. Co. Meath. They were my Gt. Granparents Grogan. Their son Christopher Married Emily Jane Needham of Knockanally, Kilcock, Co. Kildare. My Grandparents Grogan.
Kind Regards.
Roy Jos. Maxwell
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RoyJosephmaxw... 18 Jun 2013 7:15PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 2 Jul 2013 5:04AM GMT 
RoyJosephmaxw... 28 Jul 2013 10:00AM GMT 
RoyJosephmaxw... 28 Jul 2013 10:11AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 28 Jul 2013 4:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic