Search for content in message boards

Camp Curragh in Co. Kildare

Replies: 27

Thomas Byrne, Curragh Camp

Posted: 10 Jun 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2001 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: Byrne

Well the patience of a saint if what we Irish descendants are blessed with, begorra! :-) I have a theory . or a bit of advice. Never leave your Thomas behind anywhere, because it seems they are all missing and very difficult to trace.. everyone is searching for a Thomas Byrne. Bit by bit I have traced the siblings of my paternal grandmother's Byrne family,here in the USA.Some had lost contact with each other .. and I now am in contact with descendants of most of them. Finally found the obit for our great Grandmother here in the states, but can't find great Grandfather yet.. It doesn't help that they are named John & Sarah Byrne. and so far the family death reports say,"from Ireland" but not where in Ireland . and 4 siblings descendants say 3 different counties! Cork, Wicklow, Carlow, and Sarah's maiden name is reported differently by each child.. if remembered at all and on top of that when they reached America in 1871 the name was recorded as Burns...some of the family corrected it later and others didn't .. so we are now always searching for BYRNE/BURNS.. So hang in there! How did you come to be in Australia? I have recently found the descendants of my maternal grandfather's uncle..he went from England to Sidney,1874 and my grandfather was sent from England to Canada 1892 and then migrated to the USA.. Our countries are both made up of many nationalities. and I've been told there are a lot of Irish in Australia..including many named THOMAS BYRNE! :-) Today at the shoe shop a nice Australian lady helped us , and she and my English born husband had a good chat about Cricket.. it is a small world.
We are on a salt water Lagoon which is off of a Bay, which leads from a large body of salt water. called Puget Sound, which comes from the Pacific Ocean.. just starting into summer , with a little luck! good luck .. will keep my eyes open for any helpful info.. Patricia
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PGibbens8978 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Ellen Byrne 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
PGibbens8978 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Eileen Marks 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
PGibbens8978 8 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Eileen Marks 10 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
PGibbens8978 10 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Eileen Marks 14 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
oburnes 5 Aug 2001 9:01PM GMT 
joule44 4 Oct 2012 1:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions