Search for content in message boards

McCormick/Buchanan

Replies: 1

McCormick/Buchanan

Lorraine Kenny (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2002 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have had trouble finding the right Message Board for my query, this will be third time lucky.
I am looking for information on my Great-Grandmother, Kate Ann/Kathleen Buchanan. She was born about 24 June 1859-1862 at possibly Kenagh, County Longford, or , as I have just found out, it could have been County Kilkenny. Kate Ann was a domestic or Nanny. Her father was a Sgt Major in the Scottish Regiment and took his discharge in Ireland, where he became a farmer. Kate Ann left Ireland from Cork and travelled to New Zealand, arriving in 1877, possibly on the ship 'Hudson'. She married Thomas J Johnston, who arrived in New Zealand on board the ship 'Hurunui' February 1876.
The surname Buchanan, is possibly NOT her birth name, as she took the passage and name of a friend who became ill and was not able to travel, therefore, she could have been stuck with this name for life.
The name McCormick/mack, is another name that has been possibly linked to Kate Ann. I have found a Catherine McCormick, who was born 18 September 1864 and HER father was a Patrick McCormick, mother Ann Quin. I have no other information about them.
I just wonder if there is any connection.
PLEASE can ANYONE help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lorraine Kenny 9 May 2002 4:51AM GMT 
nurseevans21 5 Aug 2013 10:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions