Search for content in message boards

Kilkenny Carrolls to S. Ontario Canada

Replies: 15

Re: Kilkenny Carrolls to S. Ontario Canada

Posted: 31 May 2013 8:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Terry,

Simon Eustace is my great, great grandfather. Family record states he was born in 1799 and came to Puslinch Ontario Canada around 1831-2. My Lynch and Cullen relatives came from Carlow and Kilkenny - very near each other in today's Ireland (Moanmore, Leighlinbridge). I suspect most of the Irish settlers in Puslinch came from this area, but I don't have confirmation of Simon Eustace.

Simon Eustace was one of the original settlers in Puslinch, and had daughters Bridget, Jane and son John - probably more, but I don't have a record of others. My great grandmother Bridget Eustace, daughter of Simon and Bridget, married Michael McNulty. Their children were John, Mary, Jane and Annie Bridget(my grandmother).

Irene Giles wrote some books about the early Puslinch settlers: From Whence They Came. These books are available in the archives of Guelph, I think, and mention Simon Eustace.

I see you have family in Philadelphia. That's interesting because the newspaper write-up of my grandparents' wedding in 1904 states they took the train from Guelph Ontario to Philadelphia to visit relatives for their honeymoon. A Eustace connection?

When I was young, I spent many summers in Puslinch on the family farm, but don't recall meeting any Eustaces there.

How far back have you traced your Simon Eustace? Do you know if he had Canadian relatives?

Fran
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Soro1234 26 Sep 2011 3:24AM GMT 
frandomenico 26 Sep 2011 11:41PM GMT 
Soro1234 27 Sep 2011 2:15AM GMT 
frandomenico 14 Jul 2012 8:40PM GMT 
Eleda50 1 Jun 2013 12:30AM GMT 
Benedetto17 1 Jun 2013 2:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic