Search for content in message boards

Michael Murphy (1916/17 - 1976) Thomastown, Kilkenny

Replies: 1

Michael Murphy (1916/17 - 1976) Thomastown, Kilkenny

Posted: 16 Jan 2014 6:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murphy
Greeting,
I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction in my search. I am trying to find my grandfather's people. His name was Michael Murphy and he was born 5 October 1916 or 1917 (Have seen both dates used) in Thomastown, Kilkenny. I have his Irish Army paperwork that lists his father as John Murphy and his address in Thomastown at time of enlistment as Market Street. He passed away on 7 June 1976 in Dublin, Ireland after 39 years in the Irish Army. That is about all the family knows about him. He had four children who are all still alive and none of them no anything about his people. He never spoke of his family or about his time growing up so there is not much to go on. This has also led some to believe that he may have been an orphan.
Would anyone know where to begin asking questions in Thomastown? Would the local church have a record of baptism? If there is a chance he may have been an orphan is there anywhere to begin looking for that paperwork? Any help you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Cheers,
Mark
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
looper59201 17 Jan 2014 1:37AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 30 Jan 2014 12:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions