Search for content in message boards

Scott-Purcell-Dunphy in Kilkenny

Replies: 2

Scott-Purcell-Dunphy in Kilkenny

Posted: 20 May 2014 10:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott Purcell Dunphy Glinton Dillon Dowling Garaty
Found via rootsireland.ie a baptismal record for a Patrick Scott baptized 22-Dec-1842
Address: "Islands"
Roman Catholic Parish: Urlingford
Co. Kilkenny.
Parents: Michael Scott and Mary Purcell
Sponsors: Mathew Dunphy and Ellen Scott
Note: Ellen Scott may have married a Michael Dillon in 1845 and had children Thomas Dillon in 1847 and Ellen Dillon in 1849)

Patrick Scott's parents names are correct according to the Pennsylvania death certificate for Patrick Scott (he died in Scranton, Pa in 1910). Family records identified Patrick Scott as being from Co. Tipperary and there is a baptismal record for a Marian Scott born 9-Mar-1845 to Michael Scott and Mary Hallahan in Balllylooby Parish, Co. Tipperary. There are two baptisms to a Michael Scott and either Elizabeth/Catherine Shortall in St. Canice's Parish, Co. Kilkenny. Michael Scot was baptized 30-Sep-1838 with sponsors Thomas Dunphy and Mary Glinton and Elizabeth Scott was baptized 10-Oct-1841 with sponsors John Garaty and Ellen Dowling.

There do not seem to be any other births to a Michael Scott and Mary Purcell and I am wondering if perhaps the Michael Scott moved to Co. Tipperary after the birth of his son Patrick and possibly remarried. However, the 1849 Griffith valuation does list a Michael Scott in the "Islands" Urlingford, Co. Kilkenny.

Is anyone else possibly researching this group? Any suggestions as to my next step? I have plenty of information regarding Patrick Scott and his family going forward that I am happy to share. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pb3731 20 May 2014 4:37PM GMT 
shanew147 20 May 2014 8:23PM GMT 
pb3731 21 May 2014 12:40PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic