Search for content in message boards

Culmore Point - Culmore Castle

Replies: 3

Culmore Point - Culmore Castle

Posted: 16 Oct 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Cleary, Mossen, Mosson, Lynch, Doherty, Dougherty
I was told today by a long lost older 3rd Cousin that there used to be a Culmore Castle, Culmore Point was the name, a castle owned by the govnerment that a family of mine were caretakers of. Not sure if it was John Cleary and wife Hanny Lynch or if it was Mr. Mossen and wife Sarah Doherty. John Cleary's son Patrick F. Cleary and wife Sarah E. Mossen had 3 of their oldest children born there. One being my Grandmother in or about 1879, she had one older brother John born there and a younger brother Vincent, before they came to America. Patrick and his brother John married sisters Sarah and Katherine Mossen. They were the daughters of Mr. Mossen and Sarah Doherty Mossen. The Mossens had five children, the girls, Frank and two other sons that died while fishing at sea. Around 1888 John Cleary and wife Katherine came back to Derry to get her Mother Sarah Doherty Mossen , while there had daughter Julia. Also Frank Mossen sometime moved from Derry to Massachusetts. Does anyone know anything on Culmore? Cleary's or Mossen? or Parents of Hannah Lynch who also had two other known daughters Rebecca and Elizabeth? Thanks

Tiffany Luchetta
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LuchettaTiffa... 16 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Fannie516 18 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
LuchettaTiffa... 18 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
raymondrobert... 19 Oct 2012 2:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic