Search for content in message boards

Hegarty / Help in deciphering records of Ballinascreen, Co Derry

Replies: 10

Re: Hegarty / Help in deciphering records of Ballinascreen, Co Derry

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 8:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Jacqueline. In genealogy it is never too late to reply to someone's post in the hopes that it furthers both parties along the trail! LOL

If you read all the previous posts you will see that I have Owen Hegarty who married Catherine O'Neil (O'Neill) Feb. 1850 in Ballinascreen, Co. Derry. They had Francis baptised Apr 15, 1852; Twins Patrick & James bap. Mar 07,1854; Mary bap. Mar 03, 1857 and if my information is correct from rootsireland.ie there were three other children Isabella, Ann and John. I have not sent for information on these three yet. Francis, Patrick, James and Mary I know lived and died in Elizabeth, Union County, New Jersey, USA. Patrick is my mother in laws grandfather.

I would like to find the RC church from which this information was transcribed from into rootsireland.ie. As we all know this will help me with additional information as to parents on the marriage etc. I would also like to find cemetery information. Patrick's record said Glengomma, Ballinascreen, Derry with Michael Walls & Bridget Walls as Sponsers. Twin James Glengavna?? Ballinascreen, Derry same sponsers. Francis Cavanrea, Ballinascreen, Derry; Sponsers Patrick MacNally & Sara O'Neil, and Mary's as Glengavna, Ballinascreen, Derry with James Cassidy and Ann McAnany as her sponsers.

So now the real question is: are you related??? Did you have and relatives who left for the USA?? We also know there was another Haggerty family listed next door to them in New Jersey who were Edward b. 186? and wife Kate, daughter Helen, son John; also in Edward's household is John b.1825 and son Michael b. 1860. We think they may be an uncle and cousins, but have not pursued this yet.

So can you help me with any of this, especially with Owen (which I was told was probably at one time Euhwain?? in Gaelic) Sorry on the spelling. I no this was a long post but tried to give you as much info. as possible.

Well thank you again, Jacqueline I really appreciate your offer to help and if there is anything stateside I can be of assistance with just let me know.
Jeanne McCormack
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jem08723 16 Feb 2013 3:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic