Search for content in message boards

Murphy/Armstrong/Rooan

Replies: 2

Re: Murphy/Armstrong/Rooan

Posted: 27 Mar 2014 3:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Annette, thankyou SO much for this message. My goodness you have done a great deal of work! I was beginning to think I would not make much further progress. Firstly, William was the only one baptised at St Michans, from memory I think the others were baptised at St Andrews.
Barry Murphy was a clerk at the Law Courts so the family were clearly in Dublin for some time as he is shown in this occupation when John Grogan M was married in Liverpool. It looks as though he might have ended his days in Dublin....tba.
as for the Rooan and Armstrong connections that is welcome info. Anne Rooan is, at present, a mystery but the info gives a good lead. John Grogan Ms marriage certificate shows his father in law as Arthur Armstrong, cattle dealer. From memory, there is a Belfast connection.
Like you I think I think Grogan is a surname that has been handed down.
I have a suspicion that the Catholic connection either ended with my paternal grandfather, John Gs son, also called William. My father, another William, was vehemently anti Catholic religion wise, so somewhere along the line there was a seachange in faith.
I really appreciate your efforts on my behalf, thankyou very much indeed.that takes care of what I shall be up to this evening! Regards, Pauline
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ppym2 4 Feb 2011 5:04PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 27 Mar 2014 6:06AM GMT 
ppym2 27 Mar 2014 9:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions