Search for content in message boards

Irish Town

Replies: 1

Irish Town

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 7:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Howe
I'm researching the Bartautas Howe family. Bartautas Howe b.abt 1817 Ireland wife Margaret b.abt 1817 Ireland (no maiden name) and children William F, and Hannah came to America in 1847 and Settled in the Village of MacEdon, Wayne county, New York, USA. The only information I have obtained comes from the US census forms, which only mention their Country of origin and no town, or village is mentioned. While researching the oldest son, William, I ran across military papers for William's Army service during the American Civil War. William F Howe served in the 160th New York Infantry Regiment from 13 July 1863 to 13 July 1868.
Attached is the name of the town/village William F Howe was born in. Does anyone know of this town/village? I think the scribe that wrote down the information wrote it like it sounded and that's where I need the expertise of local researchers. Any help would be most appreciated, also if anyone knows of this family I would be grateful. I can provide more words from the same document if needed. Again thanks in advance.
Sincerely, GAFoltz
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gafoltz 22 Jul 2009 1:00AM GMT 
Sio59 21 May 2010 2:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions