Search for content in message boards

William Nolan of Lisnaboll, Lisgarve, Co. Roscommon

Replies: 2

William Nolan of Lisnaboll, Lisgarve, Co. Roscommon

Posted: 28 Sep 2012 11:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Sep 2012 7:14AM GMT
Hello, I am trying to trace William. His mother was Catherine Nolan, husband John Nolan (apparently Catherine's maiden name was also Nolan). William's other siblings were John, Bridget and Marianne. Sadly I do not have dates of births for any of this family but on the 1901 Census Catherine is given as 50, William as 19, John as 18, Marianne as 20 and Bridget 17. So far as I know they were all born in Co. Roscommon and it is thought that Catherine and John married in or around 1878 could plus or minus a few years either side of this date. Am trying to help a work colleague whose ancestors these are.

He knows what happened to all the siblings apart from William although he doesn't know dates etc.

He says that William also known as Bill and Willy left Ireland and travelled to Australia, not sure when but he believes not long after 1901. If anyone finds anything then I will post a thread on the Australia board.

I can't seem to find the rest of the family in the 1911 Census, if anyone can find anything then please let me know. Have now found the family in the 1911 Irish Census, couldn't find them before because their ages are totally different, seem to have been altered although it is the same family. William isn't there so we are assuming he went to Australia after the 1901 Census. Would William have had to come to England to sail to Australia or were there sailings from Ireland at that time?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Kathryn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KathrynBryant... 28 Sep 2012 5:32PM GMT 
KathrynBryant... 30 Sep 2012 2:48PM GMT 
DaveBoylan 25 Nov 2012 6:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions