Search for content in message boards

William Johnston and Mary Frazer married in Roscommon???

Replies: 3

William Johnston and Mary Frazer married in Roscommon???

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 2:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnston, Frazer
I have received some information on a family I am researching that is not sourced but is purported to show that William Johnston b. about 1790 in Ireland married Mary Frazer b. about 1795 in Ireland on 6 Apr 1815 in Ardcarne, Roscommon, Ireland. The information states that William and Mary emigrated to America. IF this is the correct William and Mary, they would have had at least 4 children, all born in Ireland - likely somewhere in the Roscommon area - the names of the known children are: William F b. abt 1827; Archibald b. abt 1833; Alexander L., b. 13 Feb 1834; and Mary L., b. abt 1840.

Two of the sons are known to have emigrated about 1850 to New York, but I have no immigration records on William or Mary, but I do find both of them in the 1860 U.S. Census in Lewis County, New York. I make the assumption that they emigrated about the same time as their sons, but not on the same ship.

I am searching for ANY records related to the William and Mary known to have been in Ardcarne in 1815 - particularly with regard to their marriage. I am hoping to find that these are the William and Mary in the family I am researching. I have been searching for this connection for some time and this would be quite historical for the family!!!

Thank you very much for all of your help. If you can help, please email me at shaslam100@yahoo.com.

Susan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shaslam100 29 Jan 2013 9:12PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 31 Jan 2013 5:10AM GMT 
janemfraser_1 21 Sep 2013 9:10PM GMT 
shaslam100 21 Sep 2013 10:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions