Search for content in message boards

Surname KILCOYNE

Replies: 37

Re: Kilcoyne

Posted: 22 May 2013 2:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Gregory,
Would love to see the pic if you have a scanner (if not many office stores will scan for nominal amount and many printers can scan now too called "all in one" print/scan/FAX)

Anyway, some Kilcoyne family was involved with my Murphy ancestors going to Boston, but it was many years after your post (this was around 1920-21),

In any case, I am still seeking any and all information for this and any other family in the South Sligo area (Tubbercurry to Mayo Border). I have built and am building a database of all South Sligo Families Surnames and places (Aclare, Kilmactiege, Lislea, Cladagh, Stonepark, ect...), in the hopes it will tie together and break through many "brick-walls" many of end up hitting - the records are out there, many more are online now than even a few years ago --

- but finding them needs an index,

And now we must start finding and adding private held records, like property records, family Bible Records, Landlord rent rolls (Gore-Booth, Lord Lucan, ect...)

The Land records, and Land League records, are going to be important addition. The Morphy Roll ect....

AS TO THESE KILCOYNES -- it is possible the same family, as many families from Kilmacteige Parish, South Sligo, went to the US,

And particularly Boston, and Watertown, Newton, Belmont, ect...and tracking these emigrations are one of the reasons for the database. If you would like to I would love to add the information (even if not precise)

So please do let me know.

Murph_
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Murph_ 22 May 2013 8:59PM GMT 
kilcoy6052 18 Mar 2012 5:49PM GMT 
Murph_ 19 Mar 2012 3:24PM GMT 
kilcoy6052 20 Mar 2012 5:31PM GMT 
Murph_ 14 May 2013 12:47AM GMT 
karentracey1 15 May 2013 3:14AM GMT 
Murph_ 26 May 2013 4:57PM GMT 
Murph_ 26 May 2013 4:52PM GMT 
per page