Search for content in message boards

searching for Sligo Relatives

Replies: 5

Re: searching for Sligo Relatives

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 7:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gilgan Curran
Hello, you might not read this, but my great-great-grandparents were John Francis Gilgan & Kathleen Curran. My great-grandfather was John Gerard Gilgan. The really weird part is that my grandmother, (John's daughter), actually shares your name, Maureen Gilgan. When I saw your name, I had a little heart attack. My grandmother died before I was born, so your name kind of scared me. She gave birth to my mother, Regina, & to my aunt Theresa & my uncle Jerome.
We barely new anything about our Gilgan family, until my Aunt found my great-granddad's birth certificate. Because of a lot of family drama, we were told that my great-grandfather came to America in 1942, met my great-grandmother Rita, had my grandma, then died in WWII. I later found out that was a lie. My mother was also lied to about her own father, so it didn't surprise us. I found out he died 3 days before my 9th birthday in New York.
I made contact with someone in New Zealand who I am apparently related to through Kathleen Curran. He told me that she was the daughter of Peter Curran & Rose Dolan. You said that she was the daughter of different people, & now I am confused. Since Curran is a common name, I don't really know which couple is actually her parents. You might know more than me, so the person in New Zealand might not even be related to me.
It would be great if you could contact me, Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Maureen Gilgan 4 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
P_Babington 20 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
mcbridecbd 27 May 2009 10:32PM GMT 
Christina Sch... 24 Jul 2013 1:05AM GMT 
thelma kempst... 30 Oct 2013 5:29AM GMT 
fitzzy13 30 Jan 2014 12:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic