Search for content in message boards

Cowley/Shaw

Replies: 6

Re: Cowley/Shaw

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 5:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jul 2003 4:00PM GMT
Hello Patrick,
Thanks for the information on your Shaws. The names that James and Margaret gave some of their children were: Patrick, Anthony, Mary, Margaret, Julia, Roseanne, Frances, John, Robert, and Catherine. Do any of the girls' names sound familia? James worked for Coats and Clark and often traveled to the plant in NJ. He and most of the children settled in E. Newark, Kearny or Harrison their when his wife died. I believe he died in 1891. A distant cousin of my mother's gave conflicting informtion on where in Connaught James was from. He married Margaret Lydon from Roscommon, but I don't know if he knew her before he left Ireland to go to Huddersfield. The cousin also said that Westport was near where the Shaws lived. I know that there is a Shaw garden center in Westport. We passed it this summer but could not stop because we were on a tour. To complicate matters, there are Shaws from Ireland. on the other side of my family, but they are Charles, William, John, Peter, and Florie. William was married to a Susan White. Many Irish believe that Shaws were all Protestant, but I know that my Shaws were all Catholic. I hope this helps.
Adrienne
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patrick Finnerty 30 Dec 2002 3:01PM GMT 
amodra 5 Jan 2003 8:24PM GMT 
Patrick Finnerty 8 Jan 2003 9:12PM GMT 
amodra 9 Jan 2003 12:57AM GMT 
Patrick Finnerty 11 Jan 2003 3:40PM GMT 
amodra 30 Apr 2013 1:07PM GMT 
patrickfinner... 5 May 2013 4:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions