Search for content in message boards

Ratchford / Roughneen / Rochford and Comnee / Comney / Comny family, early 1800's in Kilemore

Replies: 14

Ratchford / Roughneen / Rochford and Comnee / Comney / Comny family, early 1800's in Kilemore

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ratchford Roughneen Rochford Comnee Comney Comny
Hi

My 2nd great grandfather was James Ratchford, born in Wraystown, Ballina approximately Dec 1833. The scraps of information lead me to believe that the Ratchford's came from Castleconnor, Co Sligo prior to being in Corimla, Ballina. Their name in Ireland was Rochford which was the anglicized name for their Irish name of Roughneen or Raghneen.

James Ratchford / Roughneen’s parents were Michael Roughneen and Alice Conmee (Conmy / Conmey). Alice was born in Kilmoremoy. Some more scraps I have on Michael and Alice are:

Marriage: Michael Rachtien from unknown and Eliz Commey. Eliz from Curmla (Corimla); witnesses: James Lavell and Jane Walton

James Ratchford eventually left Ireland, and arrived in the US on June 24th, 1859, without family. His parents came later, with other parts of the family.

James other siblings here:
Patrick Ratchford married Mary Rogan at St. Muredach Cathedral, Kilmoremoy Parish, Ballina, Co Mayo/Sligo on 6 Feb 1861 and then immigrated to Scranton and had 9 children. They immigrated to Scranton around 1860. Patrick died on 1 May 1889 during a mine cave in with his nephew Patrick Rogan.
Maria Ratchford married William Rogan (Mary Rogan's brother) and took over the Ratchford farm in Corimla North, Ballina, Co Mayo/Sligo and had 8 children. I'm descended from this branch.

Martin Ratchford married Mary Harrison and emigrated to Scranton and had 8 children.
Any info you might have, I would greatly appreciate!

Looking for any information on the Irish side of my family.

thanks!
John
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Loughney 22 Nov 2011 10:43PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 9 Dec 2011 6:35AM GMT 
John Loughney 9 Dec 2011 7:04PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 10 Dec 2011 5:59PM GMT 
PAULLINBABY 7 Aug 2013 7:33PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 7 Aug 2013 9:26PM GMT 
John Loughney 7 Aug 2013 10:19PM GMT 
PAULLINBABY 8 Aug 2013 2:21PM GMT 
John Loughney 8 Aug 2013 4:35PM GMT 
beebee1234 2 Jan 2012 5:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions