Search for content in message boards

Ann Scanlon married James Moran

Replies: 11

Re: Ann Scanlon married James Moran

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 8:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
You have some amazing resources at your fingertips. I have found George Riddoch, his parents and his grandparents in Scotland. They were definately not from Ireland in Mary's generation.

I suspect that Mary Moren/Moran left Ireland either for work or because she was pregnant. Her first appearance that I've found is her living in Arborath, Scotland in the 1871 census with a 6 month old son. I found the son's birth cert and it says he was illigemate, no father named. She was listed as working in the mill, a very low paying hard job. Strangely enough, her future husband is listed as a boarder in her house , so perhaps he was actually the boy's father. His family was still living in town, so I would imagine he would have still had a place with them if he wished. The son, James Moren, is not present is any future census with the family. I couldn't find his death cert. All speculation.

While hard to read on the certs and spelled differently, I really think that Mary's mother's last name is something like Scandling, Scanlon, Scanlinn or however you would spell that name if you could barely read or write or spell.

I truely appreciate your efforts. This may be one that is never figured out.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
nancymoffett1 16 Oct 2012 5:26PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 6 Nov 2012 6:03AM GMT 
nancymoffett1 7 Nov 2012 10:28PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 8 Nov 2012 2:20AM GMT 
nancymoffett1 8 Nov 2012 3:33PM GMT 
eugenemcv 8 Nov 2012 2:02PM GMT 
nancymoffett1 8 Nov 2012 7:20PM GMT 
eugenemcv 9 Nov 2012 11:06AM GMT 
nancymoffett1 9 Nov 2012 6:24PM GMT 
eugenemcv 12 Nov 2012 3:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions