Search for content in message boards

Tithes Applotments are now available for free from the National Archives of Ireland.

Replies: 8

Re: Tithes Applotments are now available for free from the National Archives of Ireland.

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 3:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Nov 2012 3:44PM GMT
Surnames: Murphy, O'Hara, Carlon, McDonnel, Howley, ect....
Thanks John,

I appreciate it and will Browse them -- I am assuming "LC" after a name is really "RC"=Roman Catholic ? The nest column seems to be Acres, Pearch and Rods (Land Measurements) and then the amout due --

Do you have any idea what they (the Gov. or whomever ran County Sligo then) did with the "defaulters" as I have never seen the actual defaulters list (but when Browsing I might run across it I imagine).

Finally, Do you research Sligo? I ask because I have been trying to get those who Do or Have for sometime to work together and upload all files (I have tons) but I am having problems finding a uploandable website for such -- and messaging chat lists...

I own (among others):

www.kilmacteige.com
www.triptoireland.net
www.triptoireland.org

If you search the Sligo list I posted, like you, the Census, and Griffiths free links so others are aware they are available free (and don't get ripped paying someone to look them up) as "lookups" are posted all the time -- a couple more key strokes and People could do it themselves....

Anyway, my Murphy ancestors seem to have "appeared" in the 1800s in Sligo and this Helps as I did find more reference to a Daniel Murphy (who I was aware of) BUT I do not think He is related as Michael and Jon are common name-I keep working it though.

I am adding MAYO is also a very close interest as I have a CARLON surname which was my GM from Gallen I think it is in Mayo.

Thanks for your post, if you want to help with records (if you have any) I am here quite a bit.
Cheers,
Murph_
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Loughney 8 Nov 2012 4:33PM GMT 
Murph_ 16 Nov 2012 7:05PM GMT 
Murph_ 16 Nov 2012 7:09PM GMT 
John Loughney 16 Nov 2012 7:45PM GMT 
Murph_ 16 Nov 2012 10:24PM GMT 
John Loughney 16 Nov 2012 10:28PM GMT 
Murph_ 16 Nov 2012 10:56PM GMT 
Murph_ 16 Nov 2012 10:38PM GMT 
ellenreynolds... 3 Dec 2012 5:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions