Search for content in message boards

feeneys

Replies: 12

Re: feeneys

Posted: 19 Mar 2013 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Feeney.
Joe I have better info now. The place of birth of my grandfather is Culleens.His father Peter was from Easky. His grandfather or my great great grandfather I recently found out was named Owen. So Owen might also have lived in Easky. My grandparents were married in the parish of Kilglass the diocese of Killala. There is no connection to Drumcliffe. The birth certificate was registered in Dromore West. Drumcliffe is a whole different area. It looks like Owenbeg is right up the road from Culleens from the map I am looking at. So there may be a connection there. I am picking up the pieces of the family history.Through Ancestry I have connected with second cousins who have filled in some missing pieces. Peter Feeney was born in 1861 so I imagine Owen would have been born in the 1830's or 40's. He did have a son named Owen too, born in 1850's or 60's and he would be my great grandfathers brother.Let me know if there's a connection. Best to you John
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JohnFeeney57 20 Mar 2013 3:37AM GMT 
JohnFeeney57 20 Mar 2013 3:58AM GMT 
charmajor1947 28 Sep 2013 11:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions