Search for content in message boards

Fay/Lyons Information

Replies: 0

Fay/Lyons Information

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 2:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fay, Lyons, Fay Fitzpatrick
Hello!
I'm curious about the Fay and Lyons families since I only have limited information. I am the 3rd great-granddaughter of Patrick Fay and Anna Lyons. My dad sent this in an email:
Thomas Francis Fay, born 9/24/1899, a veteran of both WWI and WWII, your great-grandfather, was the son of Patrick Joseph Fay, born approx 5/12/1863, Ireland and Johana or Johanna Emelda Reardon, born 8/10/1865, Ireland, who married in 1898 in Chicago. Patrick Joseph Fay was the son Patrick Fay, born approx 1830, Ireland and Anna Lyons or Lyon in a jaunting cart or carriage while his mother was on her way to a county fair somewhere in Ireland. Patrick Joseph Fay emigrated in 1877 to the US with great help from his aunt, Ann Fay Fitzpatrick. His parents either came with him or possibly followed him to the US.

Patrick Fay – born 1830 Ireland and Anna Lyons, unknown birth date, Ireland. Patrick Fay probably was from County Sligo near the county Mayo town of Ballina.

Patrick Joseph had a brother Aloysius, of which little is known.

My main curiosity is with Patrick and Anna (Lyons), and whatever happened to Ann Fay Fitzpatrick, since I have nothing to go on, save for this little information.

Anything would be appreciated!
Thanks,
-Jessie

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions