Search for content in message boards

O'Hara - McAllister - Walsh of Tubbercurry, Sligo Ireland (& Kilmactigue)

Replies: 5

Re: O'Hara - McAllister - Walsh of Tubbercurry, Sligo Ireland (& Kilmactigue)

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
The LDS libraries have assorted irish films with these records…

You have to order the microfilms and then go to your local library to view them.
Luckily my library has an electronic scanner for film, so I’m able to scan the records…

For the church records, I have a lot of the cloonacool, curry and kilmacteige records scanned (as these are only on a few films).. So in general if someone can provide
specific information I’m willing to do a lookup (if the surname is connected to my family then I might spend a bit more time with less specific information).. In your example, you provided a lot of information and I knew that McAllister is not a common name in the area so finding the right records was pretty quick… The Walsh surname is the opposite extreme of that..that is a somewhat common name..

I do have some records transcribed and you can search here..http://uvawahoo.net/Ireland/BaptismRecordSearch.aspx.. if you find a record you want i can post it.

The vital records are different… they are spread across many films.. the availability is limited for marriage and death records (nothing after 1875).. The birth records available from 1865 (catholics) -> 1880 and then 1900-?? (I would need to go look the end year). Each film will contain one quarter of data for a few counties. You can also submit requests to ireland for specific records

Karen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
djjr7744 13 Nov 2013 10:08PM GMT 
karentracey1 14 Nov 2013 3:15AM GMT 
karentracey1 14 Nov 2013 3:18AM GMT 
djjr7744 15 Nov 2013 4:57PM GMT 
karentracey1 15 Nov 2013 10:19PM GMT 
djjr7744 22 Nov 2013 10:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic