Search for content in message boards

Mary and Michael Keating of Kingstown, Co Tipperary

Replies: 16

Re: Mary and Michael Keating of Kingstown, Co Tipperary

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 8:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
No I have not been able to find any Irish Census records.
I agree Pilot is the best place for records, but I know there are others. At present my main PC is being upgraded so don't have access to me bookmarks. Will see what I can find when I get it back in a couple of days and send them on for you to have a look at.

I was lucky enough to go to Ireland last Sept and to the Dublin Archives,where I found the marriage of my GGGrandparents, William & Elizabeth including the baptisms of their three children. Also went to Clonmel, but it was a weekend and everything was Closed??

My family ended up in Liverpool, but the english Census for Elizabeth Keatinge gives her place of birth as Ireland. Pity they didn't have her birth place as I am not totally convinced that she was born in Clonmel as her husband was.........but I have been wrong before on this loooong journey looking for my ancestors ((-:
William Nathaniel possibly died in Clonmel as I can't find anything of him in the English census, just Elizabeth. Finding info on his death is proving difficult as well.
Elizabeth died prior to 1911 and I gather William died prior to her leaving for Liverpool to join her daughter, Sarah.

If your family were Catholic then there probably is no connection as our family was Church of Ireland.
The name Keatinge as is how our spelling is, had the "E" added supposedly to distinguish Catholic from Protestant.........how true that is I do not know.
Some of the records from Dublin archives have them as Keating........so need to look for both.

The Irish info is not easy to come by at all, and if you can find it sometimes it is a little expensive as you need to buy Euro's.

1911 Census for Ireland has just been released and is on line as is 1901 Census if that might help?

A matter of keeping looking and hopefully one day we will get the right family.

Take care

Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lisa joanne M... 2 Jun 2009 12:11AM GMT 
Innovis48 2 Jun 2009 2:14AM GMT 
Eilis_OHara 16 Jun 2009 11:57AM GMT 
Lisa joanne M... 17 Jun 2009 12:22AM GMT 
frydayb 12 Feb 2013 7:19PM GMT 
frydayb 12 Feb 2013 7:20PM GMT 
Innovis48 12 Feb 2013 7:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic