Search for content in message boards

William Kennedy and Catherine Walthew, Tipperary Ireland

Replies: 16

Re: William Kennedy and Catherine Walthew, Tipperary Ireland

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 5:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Dave,

Trying to read this whilst camping on the Murray, with an I Phone, so will respond next week, also need my book open.

You have uncovered a number of variations
Which I have missed. Most of these records I have purchased, and documented, it seems variations for Waltho, Walthew, Walton, were confused by people compiling the
Records, they note on the transcriptions the possibility that they got it wrong.

This is also the case in the book, " from Bun Ciamalta to NSW" where father Rody Kennedy cant deciede.

Itseems you are right about Catherine parents and have a number of baptisms for That family, in Nenagh.

Exellent work on the Hugh Kennedy Jane fox baptisms as I ha not noted that variation, will have to have a good look once I am home.

I have a lot of these baptisms which I
Have indexed on a spreadsheet, if you like will email a copy for
Tour perusal.

So without the details briefly, it seems that the son Edward, which I found no baptism, but gave his death cert, and a brother John, came to Aus. Inlocated the will, of Edward who left his Estate to John and confirmed signatures on marriage and probate records.

The book tells us of the family of Long Andrew Kennedy. And his children, which I have been confirming on this index, it seems that Denis Kennedy and Mary Kennedy, Mary being the Daughter of Catherine Walto, married and lived in Keeper.

I am thinking that there son William, and 2 others came to Victoria the same region as Edward. There is an Edward witness on there marriage cert and a Catherine (Edwards sister)?

Possibly Hughs Cousin.

Too difficult to do here but would love to discuss further. If you send me an email.

paulbarrett06@bigpond.com

Will send you what I have so you can see what you think.

Have located a couple of photos help, with family resilience.

Apologize for brief reply.

Paul Barrett
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
paulb1650 12 Aug 2011 10:17AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 4 Jan 2012 11:31PM GMT 
paulb1650 5 Jan 2012 12:03AM GMT 
paulb1650 9 Jan 2012 7:37AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 11 Jan 2012 11:32PM GMT 
paulb1650 13 Jan 2012 1:36PM GMT 
DaveBoylan 14 Jan 2012 9:03PM GMT 
paulb1650 15 Jan 2012 12:29AM GMT 
michaelmjryan 9 Nov 2012 10:59PM GMT 
paulb1650 10 Nov 2012 11:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions