Search for content in message boards

William Kennedy and Catherine Walthew, Tipperary Ireland

Replies: 16

Re: William Kennedy and Catherine Walthew, Tipperary Ireland

Posted: 14 Jan 2012 5:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Davenport,

Thanks for your reply. I had a great day yesterday, it's an intriguing history, one that has been quite consuming the last few years, but yesterday's new finds, really caused a breath of fresh air and new interest.

The last months have been difficult at times trying to cover such an extended look at the Kennedy family in this region, straying from Australia shores ond pushing the boundaries of what I would normally think to do

Still it is slowly giving me an understanding of how the clan system worked. With the blending of different branches of the principle families. It's a lifetime of work it seems, in this case a few lifetimes.

So it was a real pleasure to be closer to home, including spending a bit of time back on Ausie shores was a bit of a comfort.

I have got Hugh a little better prepared now, he had an amazing life.

I have a copy of his convict record from Australia, but would love to learn more of his offence and trial in Ireland, as the convict record ismnot very detailed.

How wouldmit be possiblemto view that reel, I spent some time looking yesterday, butmgave up when I realised it was hard copy.

I will look at Brian Kennedys references from the bookvhe "the Irish Kennedys" today, to try and clear up another convict, Philip Kennedy, Hugh's brother.

Like Hugh it seems Philip went south, want get into detail till I reach the other computer.

The shipping record, and I'll have to get some books out, shows that when Jane Fox came out she boug the children of a Philip Kennedyvwith her, but not trace have Imfound of any of them here.

The book Bun Ciamalta Vale, which I believe is about to be republished i here, tells of Philip, and that he went to Garavane, does not give his wife, but mention that his daughter Catherine married a "Boney"?

I have located Catharines baptism, but it seems that there is only 1, will post details. I thought that it was because it was Limerick, not Tipperary where I originally looked. But it seems not.

I am a little bit confused now with places, as names can be so similar. I have them mapped out on google earth, but it is FHA laying at times.

I am a little uneasy about Philip, he only convict possibilities that I have found in the past have been for deeds that you would hope were not him.

Still rounding up on him it seems.

The other can of worms was the Fox family. He witnessmat Mary Kennedy birth for Hugh and Jane fox, an Ally Fox, I found an Ally, in Dublin, with a brother James, father ...... rex I think, and other kids, but jame sis tovyoung tovbe Janes father... Ther eare 2 Ally Fox as well, Ivthought maybe it was a typo at firt.

Strange how the marriage index works, I had to buy 2 before I realised that it was right.

SovHughcand Jane married 1841 at St Johns Parish, then moved to Cummergar, parish of Kilcommon. This I have not been able tovlocate, apart from 1 other old post, for a marriage.

Anyway, best get on, will post he details of the new finds yesterday.

Regards,

Paul barrett
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
paulb1650 12 Aug 2011 10:17AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 4 Jan 2012 11:31PM GMT 
paulb1650 5 Jan 2012 12:03AM GMT 
paulb1650 9 Jan 2012 7:37AM GMT 
DaveBoylan 11 Jan 2012 11:32PM GMT 
paulb1650 13 Jan 2012 1:36PM GMT 
DaveBoylan 14 Jan 2012 9:03PM GMT 
paulb1650 15 Jan 2012 12:29AM GMT 
michaelmjryan 9 Nov 2012 10:59PM GMT 
paulb1650 10 Nov 2012 11:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions