Search for content in message boards

Wilson-Heffernan in Tullaroan

Replies: 30

Re: Wilson-Heffernan in Tullaroan

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 11:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Pat,

I had seen the census before and was sure that these were my people, but there were still so many unanswered questions. One thing I did notice is how many children William and Mary Ann had and then had die. In 1911, she was listed as "insane." I would have been too, I think!

My grandfather, who was the grandson of Michael Wilson, went back to Ireland in the 1930s to visit. I have a picture that he took of the Wilson blacksmith shop and house. It is on my Ancestry page.

It was also our understanding that all of the girls except Hannah came to America, and most of the boys went to Australia. I can't imagine my family scattering to the wind like that.

My great-grandmother, Jane Wilson Fitzpatrick, was a force to be reckoned with from what we can tell. She also lost a child at a young age (Willie, 7 yrs, died of rheumatic heart) and her daughter died in childbirth. Jane didn't talk much about Ireland, so we don't have many family stories. Plus, my grandfather, Joe Fitzpatrick, moved to Kentucky when he was in his thirties, and you know what distance does.

Anyway, thank you so much, again, for the photograph. We have little else of our ancestors, and I treasure this!

By chance, are you related to the family?

Best,
Sharron
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
shilbrecht 25 Aug 2011 12:30PM GMT 
DaveBoylan 3 Jan 2012 5:25PM GMT 
shilbrecht 3 Jan 2012 7:53PM GMT 
shilbrecht 3 Jan 2012 7:53PM GMT 
DaveBoylan 3 Jan 2012 9:35PM GMT 
brackpat 29 Apr 2012 9:51AM GMT 
shilbrecht 29 Apr 2012 12:24PM GMT 
brackpat 29 Apr 2012 3:51PM GMT 
shilbrecht 29 Apr 2012 5:21PM GMT 
brackpat 29 Apr 2012 7:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions