Search for content in message boards

Francis Neaton ;Northern Tipperary

Replies: 5

Re: Francis Neaton ;Northern Tipperary

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 4:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
RC research in person is unlikely to get you better results as it is either there in the Parish Registers or it isn't, The National Library has a big RC collection but not complete nor is the LDS complete and where they go their records. You could try www.familysearch.org for the IGI. International Genealogy Index.

The local genealogy office before they joined the database would/should of gone to local parish's and borrowed the registers and put them in their collection.
I do know genealogy offices do that as when I visited the Wicklow office, before the foundation, the archivist was out returning parish registers.

RC registers are kept in local parishes, whereas Church of Ireland has their own library where the majority of their Parish Registers reside to 1899. The List is on the website.
RC Parish were very cooperative with the genealogy offices
as they were spending a lot of time answering letters and with visitors. If you go directly there, make sure you have
an appointment as they are not fond of people just turning up. Some will refuse to help at all, some are helpful. I don't suppose they leave you alone with the records as people steal pages as its easier than writing it out. However, a good camera with no flash might be permitted. Churches are now locked so you can't just wander in except for services. Often clergy are serving several churches in the area not like in the old days when they just served their own church. Any one can walk around the gravestones.

Kennedy's in Tipperary, North Riding in GV are 1,214 and in Tipperary S. Riding 422.

Annette
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
neaton1234 16 Dec 2012 2:53AM GMT 
AnnetteCode 20 Jan 2013 3:24AM GMT 
neaton1234 21 Jan 2013 5:16PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 21 Jan 2013 11:24PM GMT 
AnnetteCode 21 Jan 2013 11:24PM GMT 
MiHarte25 14 Jun 2013 10:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions