Search for content in message boards

Bourke - Drumwood, Tipperary (Dee & Quirke Families)

Replies: 0

Bourke - Drumwood, Tipperary (Dee & Quirke Families)

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 6:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bourke, Burke, Dee, Quirke, Sullivan
I am looking for information regarding my relatives from County Tipperary. My great grandfather was Lawrence M Bourke who died around 1898. His wife Bridget (Storen) died around 1935.

They had four daughters: Elizabeth (my grandmother) who came to the US around 1909 (died 1941), Katherine who came to the US in the early 1900's (died 1953), Nora and Maryanne.

According to the 1901 Census, Bridget Bourke age 45 was the head of the household at House 13 Ayle (Drumwood, Tipperary). Katie age 10, Nora age 7 and Mary Ann age 5 were also living there. Mary Sullivan age 52 was listed as a female visitor.

Lizzie Bourke age 12 was listed as a female servant at House 2 in Knockphelagh (Drumwood, Tipperary). She was living with John and Bridget Dee who was listed as a farmer.

According to the 1911 census Bridget and Maryanne Burke lived at House 8 in Ayle (Drumwood, Tipperary). They had a female boarder by the name of Mary Sullivan age 71 living with them.

Norah Burke age 18 was living at House 17 Ayle (Drumwood, Tipperary) as a female servant for the Quirke Family (William age 27, Richard age 26 and Denis age 25). John Breen age 45 was also listed as a servant.

Any information would be helpful.
Thanks Paul
Massachusetts.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions